Tuesday, November 1, 2011

overlocker mode



Well, I have just spent this morning tidying the workroom (it seems to throw it's own party over the weekend) and I have just finished doing some bulk loading of bobbins.
I have had a good weekend though, I got an awesome package from one of my swap-bot partners and it had a heap of patterns in it, I have already made skylar a peasant style gathered dress from it (which came out awesome) and I finally decided to not be so scared of the overlocker and had my first go at it! I just wish i had tried it sooner!
I then made a very simple skirt for skylar from just a rectangle of fabric, I cut my fabric 40 inches (skylars waist measurement x2) by 14 inches (the length I wanted for her skirt), overlocked the top and bottom and the sides together, then folded down the overlocked waistband about 1/2 an inch and sewed around the top leaving a gap for the elastic, then threading through the elastic with a safety pin and sewing up the gap. all done! I will probably make a few more of these and add some cute pockets and trims. I meant to get sewing straight away this morning but I couldnt think because of the clutter! Now we are all tidy and I am ready to get going. yay sewing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment